Happy Friday! We don’t know about you but it has been a hard week getting back to reality after the holiday season. Before signing off for the weekend we are sharing a new series here on SLP that will be featuring amazing mom bloggers from across the country and their must-have products for babies and small peanuts. We are so excited for this series and thought we would start it off with our editor, Megan Bailey’s, favorite products for babies and for toddlers.
If you are interested in contributing to this series and being featured on SLP please send us a note to email@example.com We would love to hear what your favorite products are!
1. If there is one baby product I can’t live without it would be the Chamois Stroller Blankets from Pottery Barn Kids. These are my go-to gifts for baby showers because they are so incredibly soft and wash like a dream! Both of my boys have one of these “night nights” and they love them as much as I do!
2. I’m obsessed with our Freshly Picked Moccasins and little Bennett wears them on a daily bases. They are super soft and easy to get on and off which is really helpful with babies. They also are very durable for older walking kids. We have them in the elk hide yellow for a pop of color!
3. I have tried pretty much every bottle and my favorite is the closure to nature Tommee Tippee Bottles. Since I also breastfeed my boys I liked that these bottles because they are designed to be similar to a mother to help minimize nipple confusion. They also have great colic bottle options.
4. It all comes down to a great bag and I love Petunia Pickle Bottom! We have used the Boxy Backpacks which are great for carrying a lot of essentials. I also really love the Sashy Satchle style because the shape resembles more of a purse and less like a diaper bag.
5. Every baby needs a little friend to cuddle with and I love our JellyCat Fox stuffed animal. It’s the softest thing ever and perfect for being held and cuddle by little peanuts. They also have a range of darling little characters that will become part of the family!
6. My little one is going through the teething stage right now and we are always on the look out for great teething toys. I love these silicone teething rings by Lifefactory that are designed to develop oral motor skills. They are the perfect size for little baby hands and are perfect for soothing gums.
7. My first boy was a major binkie baby and was obsessed with the soothie brand. This could just be me but I feel like the soothie binkies are addicting to little kids and hard to ween from. With my second I switched to the MAM Binkies and have loved them so much. They also have fun colors and patterns!
8. I love children’s books and we have a pretty fun library of bedtime stories but my one of my all time favorites is Guess How Much I love You by Sam McBratney. This book just warms my heart and is all about showing love to one another. The illustrations are just dreamy as well.
9. Bennett just got this darling Fun on the Farm Stacker from Pottery Barn Kids for Christmas and it has become an instant favorite play toy! A cute and imaginative twist on the classic stacking toy will help your child develop cognitive skills and dexterity.
10. We have a few Manhattan Toys and lately we have been loving this Skwinkle teething toy! The soft plastic loop is easy to grasp and makes for a great soothing teether, wood beads travel along the loop for a fun and natural rattle that is perfect for entertainment. This toy goes with us everywhere!
FOR TODDLERS & SMALL PEANUTS:
1. If your little peanut loves to color as much as mine does then you will need this Mini Lazy Susan by Pottery Barn Kids to keep all of their crafting supplies organized! It comes in a bunch of fun colors and turns for easy access of markers and crayons.
2. The perfect book for a toddler and young child is the Little Pea by Amy Krouse Rosenthal. Children who have trouble swallowing their veggies will love the way this pea-size picture book serves up a playful story they can relate to. We also love Little Hoot about taking naps and Little Oink about cleaning your room.
3. We are working on our numbers and ABC’s right now and we love the Dr. Seuss Flash Cards that are fun and easy for learning! These flash cards offer fun illustrations and bright colors for making learning into a fun game!
4. In case you haven’t heard about the amazing and super affordable Children’s Tableware at Ikea I’m here to share. We love these easy to use and durable plastic bowls, plates and utensils that are BPA-free. Your peanuts will love the fun colors and you will love how easy they are to clean!
5. My oldest, Beckham, has the thickest hair you have ever seen on a little boy and it also has a little curl so it can be hard to maintain. That is why we resort to hats and beanies most of the time. But when I want to style his hair I love using this Grape Hair Jam! It’s kid friendly but also strong enough to style thick hair and smells like grapes!
6. I love a great pair of skinnies for myself and for my boys and love them in fun colors! We have these Neon Skinnies from Gap Kids that are so fun and fashionable right now. Since my boys are a little bit on the thinner side I tend to buy skinny jeans in the girl department because they fit better!
7. We love our Melissa and Doug Joey Magnetic Play Set. This fun toy includes a magnetic wooden dress-up figure with a wooden stand and magnetic clothing pieces for pretend play and will keep your littles entertained!
8. Beckham is currently obsessed with the Mr. Potato Head App for his ipad. This fun app is free and easy to use. Mr. Potato Head Create & Play promotes learning and discovery for children through imagination-driven play and develops fine motor skills.
9. I love the Hunter “Kids First” Rain Boots because my little peanut can easily take them on and off by himself. They are also perfect for the winter and spring with all of the snow and rain. You can also add warm liners to go in the inside for extra warmth and protection.
10. One of the first toys we bought for Beckham was this cute wooden fire truck that lights up from Pottery Barn Kids. We love classic wooden toys and Pottery Barn is always coming out with cute wooden toys for both boys and girls from trucks to doll houses.